10 Tips to Unlock your Fitness Potential
1. The knowledge and certainty that you are REALLY ready for change. The pain of change should be less than the pain to remain the same. You must have gone through the “steps of change”
i. Pre-Contemplation / Contemplation / Preparation / Action / Maintenance
b. Want, Wish, Hope. They won’t take you anywhere other than a place of more pain (failure)
c. I MUST Change something! I cannot remain like this, I will do whatever it takes. Remaining the way things are is unacceptable to my own standards.
2. Do not overthink it!
Brain wants Survival / Change may not be survival
Your brain will start to rationalize everything, from prices, to time, to neglecting your family, to EVERYTHING!
3. Move right into ACTION! Take action RIGHT NOW, do not wait until tomorrow. Create Daily Action Goals: *If you need a coach for this let me know, I’ll guide you through the process, everyone is in a different place and everyone has different goals, you need a personalized approach! 3 Action Goals are Doable, once mastered you can move on to the next 3
-I won’t drink soda
-I won’t eat Fast Food
-I will stretch 10 minutes every day
-I will start a 10 minute steady jog in the morning
-I will eat home-made meals every week-day
-I will meditate 3 mins / Sign up for a 5k /
4. Once you are motivated, work on your MINDSET!! The most important part of long term health and fitness!
Your body will follow what your mind believes. You need to change the tape!!
Great Books: The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson / The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy / The Charge by Brendon Burchard /
Keeping yourself motivated will require FOCUS and you need to be intentional about it.
5. Look for like-minded Groups! SanPedroFit.com That’s my group, or Meet-Up.com. Tell your friends to meet for a walk instead of tea time with cookies, or starbucks macchiato (thousands of calories each week)
6. Be willing to give something up. To be able to add, you will need to substract.
a. 30 minutes of sleep time
b. The Biggest Loser Grand Finale!
c. The Bachelorette!! OMG I can go on…
d. What is more important? Their fake lives or your real life?!!
7. Plan your day ahead of time. Have a morning and night routine. HAVING A ROUTING IS KEY!!!
a. I’ll give mine, but I didn’t start like this, it has evolved and I am willing to give a little more each year. Before my routine was only 15 minutes.
b. BOOK recommendation: Your Morning Miracle by Hal Erold. It truly changed my life
8. Plan your day the night before!
Failure to plan is planning to fail. You need to have an action plan, or else everyone will rule your daily actions (family, boss, friends…)
9. Understand that you ARE NOT Neglecting anyone!!
10. Find a coach! I have one And I am one too, my coach has a coach too!! Without my coach I will take 3 times more time to figure out how to accomplish anything, I will be able to do it, but it will take me more time. And that’s what I do with my clients.
Look for a free consultation form and let’s talk!